Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Cancer Journey

     I thought I would update everyone on what has been going on with me this year. On March 12th, I was admitted to the hospital with extreme anemia which we later found out was due to extremely heavy menstral bleeding caused by a fibroid tumor in the cervix.  I had to have 4 units of blood and then take large doses of birth control pills, and iron supplements.
      On March 31st, I went in and had a partial hysterectomy, as the doctor didn't want to throw me into menopause at 39.  He removed the cervix, uterus, and fallopian tubes.  They did a biopsy on the uterus, and found out that I had endometrial cancer, and there was going to have to be another surgery in my future.  
      On June 18th, I had my second surgery of the year, and had my ovaries removed and did a pelvic lymph node biopsy.  One of my ovaries came back positive for cancer, however, the lymph nodes were negative.
      Before long I will begin my journey of chemotherapy, and then radiation treatments.  I am going to try to post along the way, if I don't get too sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spooky Halloween Color Page Book

This was just a fun little book. Something fun to do to relax. This pictures were fun to color and would make pretty Halloween artwork. ...